The modeling advice articles below are © Copyright and reprinted with permission from Los Angeles headshot & portraits photographer, Zero Dean.
Advice for Models
- Why good photos are important
- Modeling as a business. Why you should invest in yourself.
- Only the strong models survive.
- Why modeling involves more than just good looks.
- Don’t be a flaky model. Why your reputation is important.
- What you should be doing to make the most of your modeling career.
- Who owns your photos? What you should know about copyright.
- What models should know about modeling agencies.
- What models should know about contracts and model releases
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
On Working with Photographers
- What aspiring models should look for in photographers
- What you should do before working with a new photographer.
- How to pick a good photographer to work with.
- Questions that models should ask photographers.
- What to look for in a photographer’s work. What makes a photo “good”?
- Is every person who claims to be a “model” or “photographer” a model or photographer?
- Why you shouldn’t choose a photographer based on the quality of their website.
More Advice for Models
- Advice for Models (Author’s Note)
- Why models should be selective about who they shoot with.
- Why models should set high standards and maintain them.
- Why you should not treat your modeling portfolio like a scrapbook
- Why you should keep your modeling ego in check.
- Why having some modeling experience is not the same as being a professional model
- Why a model shouldn’t take their online photo feedback seriously.
How to Prepare for a Photo Shoot
- Info for New Models & First-timers
- How to prepare for your photo shoot
- Ideas for photos & photo shoots
- Bringing an escort to your photo shoot
- Make-up artists at your photo shoot.
- Photo shoot locations
- Model Releases
- What can you expect after your photo shoot?
- How to learn model poses and facial expressions
What to Bring to a Photo Shoot
- What you should bring to a photo shoot. The basics…
- What clothes should you bring to a photo shoot?
- How to transport your clothes to a photo shoot?
- What kind of props to bring to a photo shoot?
Exposing Photographer Marketing Strategies
How to avoid being manipulated into working with a photographer based on clever marketing tricks rather than the quality of their work and services.
- The photographer who highlights their “professional” equipment.
- The award winning photographer is always better, right?
- The photographer highlights their years of experience.
- The photographer’s web site has very positive testimonials.
- The photographer promotes a “limited time” offer.
- The photographer has very limited availability.
- The photographer claims to have unique insights or skills to capture “the true you”.
- The photographer charges a premium price, but “isn’t your career worth it?”
- The photographer has extremely low rates.
- The photographer wants you to believe that they’re the only photographer for you.
- The photographer claims to be very “affordable”.
- Modeling Tips (ehow videos)
- Tips on Taking Headshots for Modeling Agencies (ehow video)
- Model headshot tips at home (ehow video)
- Making Great Poses for a Model Portfolio
You may want to consider checking the following sections at our sister site, Headshots Advice which includes everything you need to know about headshots, including:
- What the difference is between model headshots and actor headshots?
- Exposing headshot photographer marketing tactics (How to avoid being manipulated into working with a headshots photographer based on clever marketing tricks rather than the quality of their work and services)
- How to prepare for your headshots photo shoot
The on-site modeling advice articles above are © Copyright and reprinted with permission from Los Angeles headshot & portraits photographer, Zero Dean.